Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Salmon and Spinach Pasta with Lemon Sauce

I had some leftover pasta from Sunday, so I searched through my fridge and pantry and came up with this dish. It turned out light and full of flavor. The problem is I don't have exact measurements for things; I just threw them in until it looked good; but i'll try to give you a general idea. I made this just for two since I didn't have enough noodles for everyone.


Ingredients:

Serves 2:

Salmon (2 4oz fillets)
Pasta
Spinach
roasted or fresh tomatoes
pine nuts
garlic
basil
olive oil
fresh lemons. lemon juice


  • Season salmon with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and bake at 425 for about 10 min; until flakey and temp is 135. 
  • If your pasta is not cooked, cook according to directions
  • juice 2 lemons (for a dish that serves 2)
  • Saute garlic in large sauté pan in about 1 T olive oil for 2 minutes.
  • Add spinach, tomatoes, pine nuts, Chopped fresh basil or dried basil, pasta, juice of lemons and about 2T more olive oil and toss until spinach is slightly wilted.
  • Remove from heat and top serve into dishes.
  • Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and then place your salmon on top.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment