Monday, February 22, 2016

21 Day Fix Approved Sweet Potato Turkey Burger and Greek Salad

When meal planning yesterday I shopped my freezer and fridge first to look at what I already had. If you don't do this, DO IT! Its going to save you money. By writing a small list of things to use as ingredients for the weeks meals, it will shorten your shopping list and you won't be throwing out any leftovers or spoiled produce. On my list was baked sweet potatoes which I had leftover from the night before and ground turkey in my freezer. It was a beautiful day yesterday and so I wanted to grill something, so I came up sweet potato and bacon turkey burgers. A weird combo youth might think, but I will tell you EVERY child ate these and raved about them. You can imagine how often that happens!!

Sweet Potato Bacon Turkey Burgers

Serves 5 
(of course you can half this recipe for smaller families or make them all and save the burgers!)

Ingredients: 

  • 2 pounds lean ground turkey
  • 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and cut
  • 1 cooked sweet potato
  • Salt, Pepper and McCormicks no salt garlic and italian season (or whatever season you like)

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients together and form into 5 burger patties 
  2. Grill or Bake in the oven until burgers are cooked through or to 165 degrees. 
I added a T of Sugar Free BBQ sauce to mine. My kids liked cheddar cheese and mayo. 

** 21 Day Fix Portions. Each Burger is 2 Red and 1/2 yellow. Don't forget to add a yellow for the bun if you use one.


Greek Salad

Ingredients: 

  • 3 tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 cucumbers, sliced into small quarters
  • 20 olives, sliced
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • a sprinkle of dill
  • feta cheese

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients together, except for feta
  2. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes
  3. Mix in feta cheese before serving
** If your following the 21 day fix, measure out 1 green container and then add 1 blue of feta. 

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment