Monday, November 10, 2014

Granola Bar Recipe

Today, among other thing (like having to go get Alabama tags for my car- nothing like waiting until that last minute) was Project Pantry Clean Up. For those of you who don't know me well yet, I am freak organizer. I like to have everything in its place; and the pantry needed a clean up and re-organization today.

After cleaning it all up, I threw some granola bars together and I thought I'd share the recipe again. These are a staple in my house; in fact Melina Jo will not even eat a store bought granola bar. We mix up the flavors. Sometimes its cinnamon raisin, but today was peanut butter chocolate chip. The recipe makes a whole 13x9 pan, and it seriously only takes me as long as the oven takes to heat to throw in ingredients together.

Granola Bars
2 C Rolled oats
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Wheat Germ
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 C Flour
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 C Honey
1 Egg, beaten
1/2 C Oil
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3/4 C Raisins or Chocolate chips or dried fruit of any kind
(and today I added 1/4 cup PB2)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Pat mixture evenly into pan.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. DO NOT allow to coll completely or they will be to hard to cut. Let cool completely to set.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment