This holiday season our family started the tradition of The Sparkle Box.
You can read about it HERE.
On Christmas Night at dinner we opened our Sparkle Box. We read each thing that we did this month and we talked about how each was important and how it impacted others and us. It really was a special time and I think the kids "got it" and enjoyed it. They commented on how much we were able to do for others.
Here is what was in our Sparkle Box:
(At least what I can remember...I should have saved the papers because my memory isn't what it used to be :) )
* Donated coats and gloves to the needy
* Rang Bell for Salvation Army
* Bought Christmas gifts for local family in need
* Made and delivered gifts to neighbors
* Paid for someone else at the post office
* Made Christmas Cards and hygiene kits for the homeless
* Made Christmas cards for prisoners