Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fish Taco Recipe

Its no secret I'm sure that I am loving living near the coast! The beach, the activities, the active lifestyle and of course the food!

While the kids have started walking down to fish in the bay, they haven't brought home enough for dinner...yet (they are down fishing as I write this)! So I went to a local shop that sells their fresh catches of the day and got some Mahi Mahi. I experimented with toppings and seasonings and I'm sure I'll change it up next time, but these turned out great, so I wanted to share. They are fresh, light, healthy and delicious!  



Fish 

(I used MahiMahi, I'm sure any mild fish would work.)

Season with fresh squeezed lime juice and salt and pepper. 
Make sure you spray the grill well or cook on non-stick foil. 
Grill the fish on medium heat (about 400) for about 5-6 minutes per side or until it flakes easily.
Pull apart with two forks to shred it.

Toppings

Vinegar Onions

Slice red onions and place in a tupperware container so they almost fill the container, but are not smashed down. Add red wine vinegar and refrigerate for the vinegar to soak in. 

Slaw

Chop fresh cabbage or use the already sliced bag mix. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for a couple hours if possible to let flavors meld.

Other Toppings (you can really use whatever you fancy)

Sliced jalapeƱos or green pepper for the ones who don't like spicy
Fresh tomatoes
Avocado slices
cilantro
parsely
lime slices 
sour cream or greek yogurt 

Assemble tacos and ENJOY!









No comments:

Post a Comment