Saturday, January 28, 2012

Always on the Hunt

Like I mentioned in my last post, I am very organized, or so I like to think I am. BUT I am ALWAYS on the hint to find better and more effective ways to organize our life, my house, my wallet, my car, etc. I said to my sister in law a while back that I would really like a place to hang the kids artwork, but I didn't know where to do it in our house and I was not sure exactly what I wanted to do anyway. (For those of you that know my kiddos, all 4 LOVE artwork, so we have TONS between school and home!) Well, for my birthday she got me these. They are picture frames that open and you can change out the artwork. You can layer and just keep older pieces behind or they have the ability to display 3D artwork too! Pretty Neat. I found the perfect spot in the kitchen/ sunroom where I can see the artwork all the time, but it doesn't look like a kids gallery has exploded all over my walls. It looks sophisticated!

Artwork frames



BUT I needed space to hang up more…I do have 4 kids! And I was still having a hard time deciding what I wanted to do. But then while at Art Class this week I noticed pictures hanging on the wall with clothespins. And a lightbulb went off in my head. I thought, "I can so that!" So I did. I crazy glued thumbtacks onto clothespins and then just put them up on the wall. They make a minuscule hole and are easily movable deepening on what I am trying to hang up. I did this downstairs in the playroom near the art area; where I don't mind it looking like a Kids Art Gallery Exploded…in fact, it adds to the character. This is also where we hung our Crayon Art from a couple of weeks ago.

Melina's painting of a rainbow, butterflies and
her and Jesus eating chocolate!














Also, this entire school year I feel like the kids get home from school, classes, etc and all their papers are emptied from their bags and they get stacked in the kitchen on the microwave. It became sort of a catch all. I also, felt like Michael never saw anything, unless it was really big. So I wanted to have a way to better organize all the stuff they bring home from the time they take it our of their bags until it is throw away or put in their portfolios. So I picked up this organizer for a couple bucks at Target and labeled it and for now it sits in the counter next to the microwave while I am trying to decided where to hang it. (to be fair, it has only been 24 hours since I got it).

So, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment