Monday, January 2, 2012

A year in review

Thinking back on 2011 we had ups and downs and a lot changes... And boy have we grown! I was thinking back about this time last year and really what a difference a year makes. Last year I was living by myself in Athens with all 4 kids (which I did for almost 9 months), while Michael was in Dayton living in a small box of a hotel room. We saw each other every other weekend. Life was a blur…when people ask me how I did it, I can honestly say, I have no idea…I just did because I had to. I took all 4 to the grocery store or hired a sitter….you do what you gotta do. But I was starting to get to the end of my ropes. I was worn out physically and emotionally. All I wanted for the new year was to sell our house and be together as a family again. I wanted a fresh start in a new city.

Some of his 2010 Christmas legos he built last January.


Last year I had a enthusiastic and fun boy who loved to draw and build legos and was learning to read. He loved kindergarten and was excelling academically, but was struggling socially. He left for school every day saying he was going to try his best; and I sat on pins and needles all day long wondering how his day would be. It was no fun for either of us!!         
 






Melina's favorite princess is Snow White!
My little Melina wanted to go to school so bad last year, but since I knew we were going to be moving I did not send her to preschool. She spent her days doing art projects and playing games and learning to be her own person while her big brother was off to school all day every day!













She found the shaving cream….

And then there was Meeka….last year at this time she was only 20 months. That is hard to believe!! She loved her little brother and mischief!! She got into EVERYTHING and still does!!! She was not saying much of anything last year besides mama and dada and this and that. She babbled, but nothing that was understandable. She missed her daddy. A LOT. Meeka was daddy's girl!













Carson loved the jumparoo!
Carson was a smiley happy go lucky baby of 5 months last January. He loved to hang out and watch his brother and sister. He was not yet sleeping through the night though, so either was mommy! I miss the baby stage…a stage which I will never experience again…but I don't miss not sleeping through the night!
















And then in March life changed dramatically for us!

We bought a house in Beavercreek, Ohio and finally we were together again as a family! Although we have yet to sell our house win Athens.

Our life started changing right before our eyes.


Logan started Kindergarten (1/2 days) here after spring break and he did GREAT! He made friends right away and things turned around for him dramatically! And now at 7 and in first grade he is succeeding in school and in sports and extra curricular activities! I could not be prouder of hour things have turned around for him!

Melina started preschool here and has made friends and really is starting to become her own person. She is developing a passion for art projects and dance and sports! Yes, she has a 4 yr old attitude at times, but she is really a FUN and FUNNY little girl!

Meeka started a speech program and just 2 weeks ago said her name for the first time. At 2 yrs and 9 months; what an accomplishment for her! She is talking more and more each day and is loves that she gets to go to "school" too just like her brother and sister. She is full of energy and tricks and is very athletic!

Carson started walking and talking and climbing and is now is own little person. He is sleeping through the night and has been since 8 months. And I get to spend 4 hours a week while everyone is at school with my "baby." I feel very lucky for this time!

I have made many new friends here and I really love our house and the town we live in and LIFE IS GOOD!

What a difference a year makes. Each of my kids has grown and changed for the best this year! I can only say that 2011 was a GREAT year for us! And I hope 2012 only brings more success! This year my kids will turn 8, 5, 3 & 2. We will celebrate 9 years of marriage and hopefully we will finally sell our house in Athens and not have to sell this one!

So here's to 2012!


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment