Saturday, June 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal

Last month a friend of mine that I met through Dayton Mamas, and has a foodie blog (check her out at One Girl's Taste on Life) posted about having a "Foodie Pen Pal." I was intrigued so I investigated further and signed up immediately! What an awesome oppertunity to meet new people form around the country with similar interests and new ones too! You are paired with 2 different people. One who you send food to and one who send food to you. 

This month my Foodie Pen Pal that shared her favorite things with me was Cass at Ready~Set~Get Fit. She is a mom to an active 3 year old, a detective on the police force and a Beachbody coach. She loves a great workout and healthy yet fun food to go along! She recently started running more and training for a 10K. I have been struggling with my workouts in the past couple of weeks since finishing P90X and she has motivated me to start training for a 10K as well! Check out her site, she has so many great inspirational quotes and ideas!

I was so excited the day my package arrived! I immediatly brought it in a ripped it open.



   Here's what was inside:

  • Organic All Natural Almond Butter
  • House Blend Coffee from a local press
  • Local All Natural Sarasota Honey
  • Granola Bark (which was gone in 24    hours! All 6 of loved it!!!)
  • Sweat Pink shoelaces

I took the honey and almond butter and mixed it with some oatmeal, flax seed, chopped peanuts and a handful of mini chocolate chips and made them into granola squares! YUM!! The freshness of the product makes a huge difference!


I LOVE my new laces!! I put them in immediately and I had an extra spring in my step at Sports Camp this week when I looked down at my fun bright laces. I also started back into running more this week, I ran 3 mornings this week and I am looking forward to running a bit more. Thanks for the Inspirations Cass!



Now, don’t you wanna join in the fun?! 

Here are the Foodie Penpals details:

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.

-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! -The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 

-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 








2 comments:

  1. Those granola squares looks amazing! Glad you had a first go-round with the Pen Pals! I also really dig your background. :)

    ReplyDelete