Thursday, October 23, 2014

Summer in the South

I am almost finished with playing catch up...
This way the kids don't think I missed an entire year of their lives! 


OUR NEW HOUSE
We left Ohio on May 23 and arrived in Alabama on May 24. We stayed at the Marriott for two weeks until we closed on our house. I had never seen the house. I wasn't sure I wanted to at this point until the moving truck arrived, but I did go and look a week before we moved in....and I was not disappointed! The kids however did not get to see it until the day we took possession. 

Waiting to go in and explore...

Our new home. 164 Sheffield Lane

The fist thing we did upon arriving in town...and I mean first thing...
within the first two hours...was join a pool!
And boy was it worth it!
We spent A LOT of time their and met some great people!

Once we moved in we were excited to be able to cook again and
 have family meals which we had not done in 9 months!
 TRIP BACK NORTH
3 weeks after moving in we made our first trip back to Ohio and further.
Every year we go to Michael's parents for the 4th of July.
Its a tradition and one the kids look forward to and enjoy!

Sluggers and Putters with cousin Sammy Reese


Aren't they cute?
Ready for dinner and fireworks!

 And from there we went onto Pittsburgh to visit with my parents

We met with my sister and brother in law and surprised my parents with a large canvas picture of the grandchildren for their 40th anniversary


We did a Ducky Tour of Pittsburgh and rode the incline up Mt. Washington



And then we traveled further east to Lancaster, PA where we visited with Great Grammie and Pop Pop. We were so happy we made that trip because not long after Great PopPop got very sick and passed away. We were so happy the kids got the memory and this GREAT picture with him! 


What great picture of the great grandkids with Great Pop Pop!

BACK HOME AGAIN
We discovered Pepper Place Market, a large farmers market near downtown and
we went most Saturdays for fresh produce and bread

Logan went to overnight camp for scouts two hours from Birmingham without knowing a sole.
He was brave and had a great time, but he was not so sure of the tent...or the bathrooms!!

Steel City Pops...can I just say YUM!!!
Local Gourmet Popcycles!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN AND CARSON!!!!
The Boys Birthday's were on August 4th. Logan turned 10 and Carson 4. I love to celebrate birthdays; its the one day just for that kid!! Since the boys share a birthday I still let them have what they want; I want it to be special. But I love that they think sharing a birthday is special!!! I hope that last forever!
Carson wanted a car cake for his 4th birthday
He wanted vanilla cake with chocolate icing.

And Logan wanted an ice cream cake
He gave me some leeway so I made a vanilla ice cream cake with health bar, Oreos and hot fudge!!

Melina made them this sign as a surprise!

We surprised the boys with going to this ropes course on their birthday!
SO. MUCH. FUN!!!

Look at me!!

We did the trampoline jump thing too!
Look how high!
 FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
Logan - 4th grade
Melina- 2nd grade
Meeka - Kindergarten
August 7 was the first day of school!

Carson spent a couple of weeks with just me before he started back on September 3



No comments:

Post a Comment