Friday, October 17, 2014

One Year, One WILD and CRAZY Ride...But here we are again!

WOW...its been year....
This was the kids and I last year at this time and...

This is the kids and I this week.

And what a year its been. I have thought many times, even kinda beat myself up, over not keeping up...because honestly, we have had a wild ride...some great ups and downs over the past year. But this mama was just doing what it took to survive and make life as normal as possible for these crazy kiddos. I feel I owe it to them though to start again, because after all this blog is for them...this is their scrapbook!

So here we go again....

I will share some highlights of the past year, because I figured the kids would want to know it didn't get lost in oblivion.

Last October the hotel that Michael was working at in Dayton was sold. The new Management company did not retain him, but he stayed with his current company and went to do some task force work in another state. Just a couple days before Christmas he was asked to become the GM of the Marriott in Birmingham, Alabama. We celebrated Christmas and he was off to Alabama....

In the meantime the kids and I stayed in Beavercreek and I put the house on the market. It was one of the WORST winters ever, and no one was looking at houses. So we just stayed and did our thing. I have the BEST friends ever in Dayton and I relied so much on them!! I would NEVER have made it without all of them!!! And honestly, that made moving VERY HARD for me and the kids. That was home for us, even without any family there. In the Spring when the weather finally thawed a bit we got a contract on our house (while at Melina's Nationals Dance Competition). So...then came scrambling to find a house down here in Birmingham. The market was good here and nothing I had seen on any trips here that could have even been an option was still on the market, so Michael bought us a house without me ever seeing it. I have to say I was scared and nervous about it! So on May 24 we left Beavercreek, Ohio and made out trek to Birmingham, Alabama...our new home state. We lived in the Marriott for two weeks before we closed on our house here, but we are now in and settled and the kids are all in school. They are making friends and I am trying to get involved and meet people. I got my Real Estate License in Alabama and I am trying to make a go at it...although its been pretty tough so far. We have had a LOT of crazy things happen since we moved and I am going to share some in another post. Like I said, I want to write this for my kids, so I want them to have some concrete pictures and memories from the past year.

So join me if you want....life is not always perfect and I certainly can't do it all...but I will share the triumphs and the failures! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment