Monday, March 12, 2012

Healthy White Chicken Chili

Finally after a week of dinner fails (minus a tasty piece of salmon) we have a winner! On Saturday I threw this in the crock pot before we headed out t0 the Jamboree. I had been meaning to try this recipe for a couple of weeks now and I am glad I got around to it before the weather turned yesterday (I prefer soup on cooler days). It was easy and everyone loved it! I think Michael had like 8 bowls! The original recipe can be found here. I adapted mine a bit; my version is below. If you have a smaller family I might cut my recipe in half. I served it with a salad and some bake and eat bread. I also think it would be tasty with some tortilla chips. 


Enjoy!


Healthy White Chicken Chili
2 cans black beans
2 cans corn, undrained
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I used 1 with onion and 1 with oregano and basil)
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 8 oz packages light cream cheese
4 large chicken breasts


Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), tomatoes, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment