Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baked Oatmeal Muffins

This morning for breakfast I made a little "treat." I had accidentally picked up regular oatmeal in a rush (not the quick cooking kind) and it is just to time consuming for the morning breakfast rush, so I decided I needed to bake with it. I started with a recipe I found on pinterest for baked oatmeal and I added my own spin for a healthy breakfast treat. They were a hit with all the kiddos…and me!

Baked Oatmeal Muffins




  • 3 mashed bananas (the more ripe the better!)
  • 1 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp Baking powder
  • 3 cups Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • A handful mini chocolate chips
  • I scoop of natural Peanut Butter




Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.

Spray a muffin pan and/or liners with with non-stick spray.

Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.

Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.

Bake 20-30 minutes for large muffins or 15-17 min for mini muffins, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.

The muffins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment