Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crock Pot Pesto Chicken

I have decided I need to use the crock pot more because we now have sports and other activities Monday through Thursday nights…kinds makes life crazy in the evenings! Now let me say that I love the idea of the crock pot, but more than half of the recipes I have made in the crock pot  over the years have not been family favorites. I think chicken made in the crock pot is dry…no matter how much wine chicken broth or other liquid I cook it in.Yesterday I decided to try Pesto Chicken in the crock pot. This is a recipe which we all love, but I usually bake it in the oven. I did not set out to write about this, but after tasting it last night I thought I had to share. So no pictures or any exact measurements, just an outline for a good, TENDER, chicken!! It was literally falling apart as we were eating it!!

Crock Pot Pesto Chicken

Chicken Breast
Pesto
Mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese or both

1. Put Chicken breast in the crock pot.
2. Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese.
3. Pour pesto of your choice on top.

I also cooked potatoes with the chicken. I just covered the chicken with foil. Stuck a couple large redskins with a fork and threw them in on top of the foil. They cooked perfectly.

I put 2 very large frozen breasts in at at about 2:30pm and cooked on high and they were done at 7.

Thats it. 


Yup, its that simple!!


How could I not share a GREAT recipe that is soooo easy!!! 

PS - Just tell your husband how it took you hours to make, he might actually believe you after he tastes how good it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment