Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Meeka's last day

Meeka and Casey
Today marked Meeka's last day with the Help Me Grow program. It is her last day because as of Saturday she "ages out" and is no longer eligible for services through the program.

Where do I even start???

I know I have written of this before, but when we first started Meeka could say mama and dada and that was about it. She was 2 and some…thats not so good. Now at 3 she speaks in long phrases and sentences. So has come so far in the amount of time she has been working with them.

Casey and Marty and the staff at Four Oaks are AMAZING!!! They have fabulous lessons planned for these kids that are better than some preschools! By the end of this program the kids are sitting in circle time for half and hour or more….seriously amazing for 2 1/2 yr olds! And they were so willing to help us know what to do with her at home to work on her speech. They made worksheets and cards and gave me ideas on how to use them and play games to help her practice her sounds.

They were patient and caring with my little fireball and they took the time to get to knew her, her style and her quirks and figure out how to work best with her! I can not say enough about how FABULOUS this program was for her and I am so sad that today was her last day. I cried when we left and I get tears in my eyes every time I think about it today!

All is can say is that we have a whole new Meeka and part of that is due to Casey and Marty and all the GREAT folks at Four Oaks!! WE LOVE YA!!!

We made Thank you pots for Casey and Marty that said,
"Thanks for Helping Me Grow!"
We put Meeka's handprint on the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment