Friday, August 31, 2012

August Foodie Pen Pal; part 2


This month I sent food to Maggie Maggio, who lives in NYC and works in publishing. She told me she would like local items and prefers quality of quantity. Her only request was that I not send pickles because she doesn't like them. Unfortunately, I did have pickles in mind since we LOVE a local pickle maker called Frog Ranch Pickles. However, I did have some other favorites to send, which included the following:

  • Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce which is made in Cincinnati.
  •  Mama DiSalvos Italian Sauce, which is local here in Dayton and is BY FAR our favorite sauce  EVER!!!
  • Local honey from White Mountain Honey Farm in Xenia, Ohio. 
  • And for a little treat, a chewy carmel popcorn cob
  • I also included some homemade zucchini muffins, made from zucchini from our garden
  • And a non local, but just favorite ingredient of mine, balsamic glaze.

To see what Maggie though of my goodies, you can see her post here:


No comments:

Post a Comment