Monday, April 22, 2013

Baked Tacos

I saw this on Pinterest last week and thought I's give it a try…seriously, why have I not been doing this for years????

My kids love tacos, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand, but the mess, oh the mess, that comes with tacos….please say you all know what I am talking about?

So here's the thing. I made up the meat and stuffed hard corn taco shells with the meat and cheese. I did this all in the early afternoon and then I put them in the fridge. Later I pulled them out and baked them for about 10 min at 400. The the kids put their preferred toppings on and ate away! The hard shells were not soggy, but they were not so crisp that the shells fell apart the moment you took a bite. And the meat and cheese was all melted in and didn't fall out, which made for a MUCH NEATER taco eating experience!!!!

If you have kids you will NOT regret trying this! It made for an easy, make ahead dinner with little clean up! Can't beat that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment