Monday, July 29, 2013

Crock Pot Tortellini

I really want my crock pot and I to be great friends…easy healthy dinners cooking away during the day and just ready and waiting for me when its dinnertime….problem is those dinners that await are not always the best…seriously, ever time I cook chicken in the crock pot you'd have thought I'd wrung it out- its so dry! But I keep trying!! Persistence is key to success-  right? 

Well, I did have a success this week with the crockpot! My family enjoyed this recipe a lot, and I enjoyed that it took me 5 minutes to make!



Crock Pot Tortellini
Ingredients: 
         1 bag of frozen tortellini
         1  bag of fresh spinach
         2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
         1 box or 4 cups of chicken broth
         1 block of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
          pinches of salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onions and Italian Seasoning (no exact     science…I just threw some in)
         1 lb. of italian sausage (I used 1/2 turkey, 1/2 pork to cut the fat)

Directions:
        1. Remove sausages from casing and brown slightly.
        2. Cut cream cheese into small chances
        3. Put all ingredients into crock pot
        4. Cook on low about 3-4 hours

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment