And what is easier than a one pot crockpot meal? And since its winter Chili hits the spot.
I love my chili to be flavorful, so I made some alterations to the original recipe to make sure the flavors prevailed here. Nothing about healthy should be boring!!
Serving Size 2 cups
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound mild Italian turkey sausage
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can no salt added corn
- 1 can low sodium kidney beans
- 1 can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 32oz can no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 1 T cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 can of beer or 1 cup of red wine (optional)
- Chop peppers, onion and garlic and add to large pan sprayed cooking spray with and sauté until tender.
- Remove sausage from casing and add sausage and ground turkey to pan and cook until cooked through.
- Add pan or meat and veg and all other ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add some cheddar cheese and greek yogurt to top it off.
** 21 Day Fix: 2 Cups = 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green
***If you choose to use cheese that is 1 Blue