We LOVE Chicken Parmesan in this family, but its not always the healthiest...like when the chicken is coated in bread and fried in oil...yeah, not so much! Since we have made a lifestyle change, not just doing some diet for a couple of weeks, I needed to find a way to make chicken parmesan for an everyday meal, and not just a treat meal every once in a while.
I went to a Pampered Chef party a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been to one in years and I L.O.V.E. their kitchen tools. They had a bunch of cool new things, one of them being a Veggie Strip maker...SOLD! I broke out this puppy and gave it a whirl to create ZoOdLes!! Every had them?!?! Yes, I can eat whole grain pasta, but I can have soooo many zoodles...and who doesn't need some extra greens too? We will be making this again. My only recommendation is to pat the zoodles dry to remove extra water before cooking.
Zoodles Chicken Parmesan
- 4 zucchini
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups no sugar added marina or tomato sauce
- 4 4oz chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- 4 tsp EVOO or Coconut Oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice zucchini into strips and pat dry
- Heat 2 tsp oil in pan and sauté zoodles, garlic and basil until al dente
- Spread zoodles evenly into a 13 x 9 inch pan
- Top zoodles with sauce
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning
- Heat 2tsp oil in same pan zucchini was just in.
- Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side to brown
- Transfer chicken to dish and top with mozzarella and parmesan
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 180 degrees.