Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cucumber and Hummus Bites

I got up this morning with the plan to write a different recipe for you all, but after making these this morning and sharing on social media I have so many requests for this recipe...so change of plans! Its all about being flexible, right? 

Michael has his Christmas luncheon (yep, a little late) with his sales team today. The plan was to go out to dinner, but since everyone is on his or her New Years health kick it got changed to a potluck lunch-in. I struggled all week with what to make (and many times told him it's his thing, why am I the one having to decide and make it?!?!). But last night it finally came to me on my way to soccer practice.  


So this went down at 6:30 this morning. And honestly, it took maybe half an hour, if that. 


Cucumber Hummus Bites

Ingredients:

  • English Cucumbers
  • Hummus
  • Peppers (for garnish)

Directions: 

  1. Peel cucumbers so that some strips of skin remain (this is gives it a cool look- nothing else.)
  2. Cut cucumber slices about 2 inches thick
  3. With a small melon scooper or spoon and scoop out the seeds in the center about half way through the cucumber
  4. Take a paper towel and dry the water from the center of the cucumber that will pool in the holes.
  5. Add hummus to a quart size baggie and cut a hole in the tip.
  6. Pipe hummus into cucumbers
  7. Garnish with peppers if desired. I used 3 different types of hummus, so I used one pepper color for each flavor. Also, I garnished the Basil Pesto with a sprinkle of basil and topped the Roasted Pine Nut with a couple of pine nuts. 


 ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment