Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Melina!

Melina is 5 today!!! 

She really wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Birthday!

(I got a couple of pictures, but I am so very bummed that I did not get many pictures; I didn't get any of the food and other things.)

Melina helped me make her invitation.
We cut out a fruit for each character and wrote a piece of info on each fruit.

GAMES & FUN

As the kids arrived they made edible bracelets from licorice strings, gummie life savers, peach candy & fruit loops.

Then the kids picked Stawberries (candy) from the Strawberry Patch.
Picking Strawberries.

They put all their strawberries in this little bag that we made.
Then we did a beanbag toss

After each child tossed the beanbags they got a popsicle stick puzzle.
Then we played Pin the Strawberry

And each child received a play dough strawberry.
I made it from Kool-aid so it smelled like strawberry too!


We also played Strawberry Pop! I put a Strawberry Shortcake Lip Gloss or Nail Polish in balloons, blew them up and pinned them on a board in the shape of a strawberry. Each child used a push pin to pop a balloon and out popped a prize! They enjoyed this game!

And then we played Musical Strawberries and each child received a Strawberry Shortcake coloring book.

I also made a bunch of water gallons, which they broke in about 30 seconds!


FOOD!


Like I mentioned I am very sad that I did not get any pictures of the food. But here is what we did; we made a food for each character.

Strawberry Shortcake - make your own Strawberry Shortcake
Blueberry Muffin - mini blueberry muffins
Orange Blossom - orange slice candies
Cherry Jam - cherry jello jigglers
Raspberry Torte - Raspberries stuffed with a white chocolate chip
Lemon Meringue - Lemonade



Kids enjoying their treats!

Me and my Birthday Girl!

I think Carson enjoyed the Strawberry Shortcake the most!

Melina had a great time!
 I hope her friends did too!





1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog posts so much I've nominated you for the Food Stories Award for Excellence in storytelling! You can find the blog post all about it at http://onegirlstasteonlife.com/2012/05/30/procrastination/. Thank you for your wonderful stories!

    ReplyDelete