Friday, May 18, 2012

Meatball Sub Casserole

My whole family enjoys this recipe and my sister in law recently made it and they enjoyed it too! My nephew even ate it and he is the pickiest eater I know; so if that isn't success I don't know what is!

I usually make this in the afternoon during nap time and then I can just stick it in the oven to bake later. Also, this is my healthy version, so feel to fatten it up if you like by using real meatballs and mayo.



Meatball Sub Casserole

16 Turkey Meatballs (I use the pre made ones to make it simpler and faster)
1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced into 1 in thick slices
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 C greek yogurt (you can use mayo if you like)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2-4 cloves minced garlic (depending on how much garlic flavor you like)
salt and pepper to taste
2 C Italian cheese blend
1 28oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce


Directions

  1. Preheat Oven to 350
  2. Arrange bread slices into a 13x9 baking dish
  3. Mix together cream cheese, yogurt, italian seasoning, garlic and salt and pepper and spread mixture over the bread
  4. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese
  5. Place meatballs evenly over the dish (I cut my meatballs in half- its easier to serve and eat)
  6. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and top with the remaining cheese
  7. Bake uncovered for 30 min.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment