Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Counting my blessings

I spent my morning water color painting with Kindergarteners. 

And I feel completely blessed to be able to say that.

Is life always a breeze as a stay at home mom?  NO.

Do my kids sometimes drive me insane? YES.

Will my husband jokingly ask me how much money I made for doing X, Y & Z, and my answer is always none. YES.

But I would have it no other way.  Yes, sacrifices are made. But the memories can not be replaced.

Everything is worth it when my Kindergartener is so excited to tell my class that I am her mom. And she gets off the bus and run to me and gives me a big hug and thanks for for coming to school today.

And my 2nd grader is not embarrassed to wave Hi when I see him at school and tell his teacher that that is his mom.

And my preschooler tells me how proud of me she is when I pick her up from moms morning out today.

I am overjoyed that I can volunteer in school and be a homeroom mom and a Cub Scout leader and a playgroup organizer. That I can be there for my kids to play games after school (we currently have a 3 day monopoly game in session) and to make them dinner and drive them to soccer and dance.

Yes, life is crazy and hectic and sometimes overwhelming, but I can honestly say, I could see it no other way.


Linking up to Real Life Wednesday at Picklebums.comhttp://picklebums.com/

2 comments: