With our scheduling being CraZy this fall, I went in search of more make ahead and crock pot meals. Last week I made fajitas in the crock pot and they turned out great (except for Michael telling me he didn't think the soup was that great, until I told him it wasn't soup it was fajitas…then he went back for 2nds and agreed the FAJITAS were good!) I will share the recipe with you sometime in the near future.
This week I made 40 clove garlic chicken (yes, that's right, 40 cloves of garlic!) in the crock pot on Tuesday. It was SUPER EASY!
- 1 roaster chicken
- 40 cloves of garlic
- Place celery on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season your chicken to your liking both inside and out and then place it on top of celery
- place 40 cloves of UNPEELED garlic around your chicken
- cook of low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
As it cooks it roasts the garlic, so you can spread it on fresh bread, or do as I did and throw it on top of a baked potato.
The garlic does not overpower the chicken, I promise.
- leftover chicken, shredded
- mexican or cheddar cheese
- enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400
- Warm the tortillas slightly
- Pour a small about of sauce on the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover it.
- place approx 2 T of chicken in the tortilla and spindle with cheese and then fold in both ends and roll.
- Place tortillas seam side down in pan
- Cover with Enchilada sauce and spindle with cheese
- Bake for 15 min.
I served this with baked Okra and Tomatoes from our garden. They baked in the oven along with the tortillas. If you have never tried Okra, I urge you to try it. It is a unique southern vegetable and it is great baked or fried. I just cut off the tops, sprinkles with a garlic olive oil and salt and pepper ad roasted it.
If anyone has any brilliant, healthy and easy recipes, please do share!!