Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quick and Easy Dinners

With our scheduling being CraZy this fall, I went in search of more make ahead and crock pot meals. Last week I made fajitas in the crock pot and they turned out great (except for Michael telling me he didn't think the soup was that great, until I told him it wasn't soup it was fajitas…then he went back for 2nds and agreed the FAJITAS were good!) I will share the recipe with you sometime in the near future. 

This week I made 40 clove garlic chicken (yes, that's right, 40 cloves of garlic!) in the crock pot on Tuesday. It was SUPER EASY! 

40 Clove Garlic Chicken

  • 1 roaster chicken
  • celery
  • seasoning
  • 40 cloves of garlic

  1. Place celery on the bottom of the crock pot. 
  2. Season your chicken to your liking both inside and out and then place it on top of celery
  3. place 40 cloves of UNPEELED garlic around your chicken
  4. cook of low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours


Above is the cooked chicken in the crock pot.

As it cooks it roasts the garlic, so you can spread it on fresh bread, or do as I did and throw it on top of a baked potato.

The garlic does not overpower the chicken, I promise.
The next day I used the leftover chicken and made them into Enchiladas. I made them earlier in the day and then I just had to bake them for 15 min and dinner was ready!


Chicken Enchiladas

  • leftover chicken, shredded
  • mexican or cheddar cheese
  • tortillas
  • enchilada sauce
  1. Preheat oven to 400
  1. Warm the tortillas slightly
  1. Pour a small about of sauce on the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover it.
  1. place approx 2 T of chicken in the tortilla and spindle with cheese and then fold in both ends and roll. 
  1. Place tortillas seam side down in pan
  1. Cover with Enchilada sauce and spindle with cheese
  1. Bake for 15 min.



I served this with baked Okra and Tomatoes from our garden. They baked in the oven along with the tortillas. If you have never tried Okra, I urge you to try it. It is a unique southern vegetable and it is great baked or fried. I just cut off the tops, sprinkles with a garlic olive oil and salt and pepper ad roasted it.

If anyone has any brilliant, healthy and easy recipes, please do share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment