Monday, January 21, 2013

The time has come, the time is now...

So Gretchen went….

Last week I officially stepped down from the Organizer position of Dayton Mamas. Honestly, it was a tough decision. I have enjoyed my time, met so many great people, and had a lot of fun organizing playdates and parties! But, I felt that it was time for me to step down. When we first moved here, Logan was in 1/2 day Kindergarten and the other 3 kids were home with me all day. I needed something, anything, to fill my time and make friends for myself and the kids. This group allowed me to do that from day one. It was my lifeline and I have met THE BEST friends through this group!! (Ya, know the kind who will go out of their way to help you- ya, me too!!!) Because I had been blessed with finding friends for myself and my kids so quickly after moving here, I wanted to help keep that alive. I know how important that can be, especially when you move or you have your first baby and you are just entering into the world of motherhood. It is vital to have someone to talk to! Plus for selfish reasons- I love having fun and creative things to do with my kids. And had fun, I think we did! We had big parties and small playdates and busy bag exchanges and ice cream socials and all kinds of fun!!! But now my kids are getting bigger (thats hard to say and admit!) I have 2 in elementary school and 1 in preschool. We are just so busy with soccer, basketball, dance, gymnastics, art classes, boy scouts, girls scouts…well you get the picture. And as the kids get involved with more activities, my time is being spent not only running them all around town, but helping and volunteering with what they are involved in. I know that I can not do it all, but I am also not going to use every activity as a "baby-sitter" for my kids. Right now they love that I help and I am there for their activities. Logan is not embarrassed that I am a Den leader for cub scout, he LOVES it! And Melina LOVES when I am in her classroom. And I LOVE that they LOVE it that and I know they will remember it. So as life changes, so do my priorities.  I have loved every minute of my time with Dayton Mamas and I am not leaving the group (since I still do have some little ones too!), but I am passing the torch to others with smaller children. It is now their time to make a difference. I hope that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment