Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It is October

So...How many days until Halloween????



So we started getting ready today. The kids LOVE decorating and making Halloween crafts. Today we made cheesecloth ghosts. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but the kids had fun and they love them!



We made molds from soda bottles, coat hangers and balloons. Then covered them in cheesecloth and sprayed starch on them. We had to spray about 4-5 times.


Then, while the starch was drying we went out front and I let them go crazy with the spider webs. They L-O-V-E this...I would be happy with my pretty fall decorations, but I LOVE that it makes them so happy to have spider webs everywhere!!



They kept commenting all evening how great our house looked so far. We are hosting a tree ghost making playdate on Monday, so I will hold off until after that to show you pictures of the finished product!



Melina painted and stickered her pumpkin yesterday!






Logan's finished ghost. The face did not show up to well.


And Melina's ghost.

They are very proud of their work! And we had a great time together making these!

No comments:

Post a Comment