Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another one bites the dust...


My sweet little girl is sooooo ready to go off to school. She has been ready for years I think. But these days, especially since Logan started back, she asks every day, multiple times a day, when she gets to go to school.


And the day finally here.

An example of her art work from this week.
This is her and the word LOVE she made for
Daddy.
She has been with me every day, all day, for 4 years and 3 months. (Not that I have never left her, of course I have, its just she has never been to school.) And I have to say I am going to miss my little buddy in the mornings. She is growing up quickly, too quickly!!

She is enthusiastic about life and everything she does she puts her all into it. She is so happy (most of the time) and it is a joy to be with her. She is my shopping buddy; that has been our special time together. She walks around Kroger with her little cart, exclaiming, "Garlic, I just love garlic." and puts it into her cart. She does that with every item!! And she NEVER complains when I say we are not getting something. She just says, "maybe next time" and moves on! I sure hope she carries her enthusiasm and zest for life with her forever!

She has been doing "homework" since Logan started with homework last year in Kindergarten. She asks every day to do her homework. She colors and cuts and pastes and writes and Loves to do it!  And I Love to watch her and watch how happy and proud she is with every project she does!

She got up at 5:15 this morning, ready to go! And when she put on her clothes this morning for school, I had tears in my eyes as I watched her bounce up and down (literally!) with excitement. I am so happy for her and I know she will have a great time in preschool and make fabulous friends!!

I love you Melina Jo!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment