Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is in the Air

We did our first "official" FALL activity today! We went to a pumpkin painting playdate. How fun to feel the cool air, see the bright orange pumpkins and have a small taste of fall. The host made fresh apple cider and everyone brought a fall treat.

I had one of those "oh no" moments last night when I remembered I needed to bring a fall treat. I thought I had planned for everything in the next 2 weeks before going to the grocery store on Sunday. Oh well, I guess I am not Supermom after all (my hopes and dreams are shattered...LOL)! So, I picked up some donut holes in the drive thru on the way to drop Melina off at preschool and quickly ran home and grabbed some stuff in my pantry and here's what we came up with....Acorns!! They turned out  good and they were SUPER EASY!! I just mixed together some chocolate icing I had in the fridge and peanut butter and melted it a bit in the microwave. Then, dipped the donuts into that and then into chocolate sprinkles. Finally, I stole Logans bag of pretzels sticks from his soccer snack last week (nobody tell him!) and I stuck a half of pretzel stick on top for the stem.


See...it was that easy!! 

Edible Acorns!

Meeka LOVED painting and stickering her pumpkin!

Carson pretty much just made a mess and ate some paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment