Saturday, July 28, 2012

Breakfast "Cookies"

My kids L-O-V-E oatmeal! And its great for them, so I don't mind making it…most of the time. It can be time consuming and messy; especially when one almost 2 year old devours a bowl with his fingers. I found this recipe on Pinterest for No Sugar, Flour, Egg…anything bad Breakfast cookies and decided to try them out (they more had me on the its easy train though!). I made them the night before and left them sitting on the tray on the counter, so the kids could easily get their own breakfast in the morning…no mom needed first thing in the am…I means seriously, thats the real reason for making these. ;) So, here's my take on the Breakfast Cookie. I think I will try these again and experiment with the additives... Variety is the spice of life!


Breakfast Cookie Recipe


Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 C Oatmeal
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork until gooey
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/3 cup dried cherries
  • 1/4 cup coconut
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Mash Bananas with fork
  • Mix all other ingredients in with bananas
  • Let sit 10 min
  • Drop dough by the spoonful onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten into rounds
  • Bake for 30 - 35 min.
  • Let cool before you eat them (they actually taste better cooled!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment