Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate CookiesIngredients
- 1 1/4 C canned chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry with paper towel)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C + 2 T Natural Peanut Butter (I used fresh honey roasted from Earth Fair)
- 1/4 C Honey
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- A pinch of salt (if your PB is unsalted only)
- 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chip in a food processor and pulse until very smooth. (scrape the side a couple of times to make sure you get all the little pieces of chickpeas ground)
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir them in with a spatula. Mixture will be very sticky.
- With wet hands form into balls and place on silpat, parchment paper or sprayed cookie sheet.
- They will not rise or spread very much, so if you would like them thinner, pat them down a bit.
- This makes about 15 cookies
1. They taste nothing like chickpeas once cooked.
2. Your kids will like them and so will you!