Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st day of school

It is over...the first day of school has come and gone and it all went well...i guess. Logan came home, had a snack, did his chore and was out the door to play with friends. All I got was, "I stood on top of the monkey bars with no hands and my teacher took a picture. We are going to get a treat bag at the end of school if we have a summer birthday. I told the class my name and that I went to a water park and had a pirate party this summer. And I learned the gym rules. And my teacher is awesome." So I guess I equate that to first day success.


Meanwhile, while Logan was at school the younger crew and I went to the Arboretum to see the butterfly house before it closes next week. All 3 really loved it!! And Melina and I made a special first day of school treat that they had as snack this afternoon.

Homemade waffles for Breakfast on the first day.
My BIG 1st grader!
Getting on the Bus at 7:07 am!!

Melina cut the bananas herself

Then we dipped them in chocolate and sprinkles.

And then we froze them!

And of course ATE them for snack! YUM!!






Are they not the cutest things!!
The butterflies were beautiful and it was fun to see so many up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment